View Single Post
Old 02.01.2010, 02:16 PM   #38
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
just because things are worse in some other countries (which is probably due in some part to the west -i.e. capitalism- screwing them over) doesn't mean we shouldn't try and improve our own, we have people living in severe poverty and plenty of homeless etc too.

I absolutely agree and that's not what I implied at all.

I just said it's interesting to criticize a system when you have no experience of being inserted in any other system, or even know what's like to be at the highest and lowest of that system.

But now that you mentioned it, countries have exploited and fucked other countries way before capitalism or democracy.

Perhaps it would be ideal that we realize that improving things for some is improvement for all. However, if you mean the UK, I don't think the definition of severe poverty (malnutrition, starvation, lack of medical care) really applies to anyone here.

As for unbiased information, I don't have it, no one has it. No one can get it.

There is one force in the world that is the most powerful, and that is media. By controling what you know of the world, and choosing/editing the information you can reach, one controls everything.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|