View Single Post
Old 01.04.2010, 05:32 AM   #28
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
if you took the subject you're studying for this exam and then stretched it out for three years during which it is implied that your own art work is a footnote to the aforementioned discussion then you would be studying at a prestigious english art school.

Don't knock it, it's a way of life (Albeit a futile one). I'm half way through a degree in Fine Art now, and I've got to mention here that rarely, if at all, has the question "is it art?" come up. I have no memory of posing or being posed that question. Mainly I think because the "is it art?" question is just a massive cop-out on behalf of the viewer. If something isn't art, it doesn't cease to exist, it's still a THING, and a thing you've got to deal with, or as the case may be, not. The word "art" isn't there to separate things that aren't worthy of you attention from those that are. I'd say about 20% or even less of the officially-certified-by-the-mysterious-afficionados-on-this-subject art is even worthy of the faintest smidgeon of my attention.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|