View Single Post
Old 12.16.2009, 07:29 PM   #12
musefreek
bad moon rising

musefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

duh

that is a matter of taste, many people would walk out of a sonic youth moment saying the same shit

if I read that article correctly its not RATM's campaign at all, rather it is some dude's idea and he either did it on his own or RATM gave the thumbs up, but I don't believe they spearheaded it or anything like that.

RATM brings up an interesting paradox, when you have a revolutionary message that needs to get to the masses, how do you avoid mass marketization, which is the inevitable result of mass distribution of anything?

your last point is a very interesting one.

my logic follows that they would've wanted optimal distribution to disseminate their message as a band, even though their views weren't aligned with that of a major label.

however, that aside, RATM has done an awful lot for social activism (much much more so than other bands), and that simply can't be denied by anyone.

tom morello mentioned in an interview regarding the current campaign that he will give all his proceeds to projects in the UK concerning poor youth who want to start bands. this is really a wonderful thing to do.

as for what RATM sounds like as a band, well, this is all down to personal taste of course. no use really trying to argue how good or bad they were.
musefreek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|