View Single Post
Old 12.07.2009, 08:12 AM   #183
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
RE: My Nazi alter ego and the asshole Aussies.
Was kind of hoping they'd recognise themselves, or that the others around me equally pissed off at the inane hooting and whistling would know which set of assholes to which I was referring. And don't call me racist--I didn't say they were assholes because they were Aussies, I said they were asshole Aussies because it's a fairly efficient way to describe them. I wouldn't dream of calling you racist because you choose to tar all Dublin audiences with the same brush (it is a pretty universal experience you describe), but I will say that throwing the epithet around like this tends to devalue things slightly. It sounds like I would have loved to have stood beside you; if you appreciate the music then that's fine by me.
I don't discriminate according to race, but assholes are assholes. These were Aussie assholes. And if I was patronising I would have slagged the bloke in front of me who played air guitar all through, but at least he was quiet. And white (just kidding).
In short--not all Aussies are assholes; these ones were. I haven't met a huge number so a representative sample would be out of the question in any case.
Not all assholes are Aussies and we Paddys do a more than efficient line in assholity.
And I'm not a racist. God knows I've given out to more Irish people at gigs than Antipodeans. Don't call me one.
Patronising? Probably.
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|