View Single Post
Old 11.28.2009, 01:24 PM   #37
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
back when shows actually thought kids were smart. not stupid

That and now the ones that aren't blatant about it are trying to sell some kind of materialism. Dumbing someone down is the easiest way to get them to mindlessly consume shit they don't need. I know there were shows like that back then, but they were more the cheapo Sunday morning cartoons.

I think there are still some good kiddie shows, but I feel sad for kids now. I mean, just look at Rocko. It was so bizarre and surreal, it really expanded my imagination as a child. Where can kids get that now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Nickelodeon used to be fantastic. Now, Cartoon Network has it on lock down. Chowder and the Misadventures of Flapjack are fucked up and wonderful.

I hate Chowder, but you're right, Flapjack is pretty awesome. Whenever I accidentally flip to cartoon network and it's on, I watch it. I need to watch that channel more , but I always forget about it.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|