View Single Post
Old 11.25.2009, 04:12 PM   #8675
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not even going to get into a debate about my "tastes". All I know is, Herzog is a real director. As in, not pretentious, takes chances, puts himself on the line for his art.. I don't enjoy everything he's done, granted, but Fata Morgana, Aguirre, and Heart of Glass alone blow away almost every other movie I have ever seen. One of the best directors of all time. Cameron is interesting, because he's actually quite a good director, see Aliens and the first Terminator, two jaw-dropping films that I hold dear to my heart. Still, he hasn't made anything I enjoy watching since Terminator 2 (granted he hasn't exactly made that many movies, PERIOD)... but, yeah, Avatar looks... like something that wouldn't appeal to me.

I re-watched Squid and the Whale. 8/10. don't you remember the last line of Godard's "A Bout De Souffle"? Belmondo calls Seberg a bitch. "Degolas." We saw it at the Thalia with the Dicksteins. I got you in for the children's price. You were pregnant with Walt.

As far as movies (not mainstream) that came out this year that I enjoyed... Thirst, Esoterica, Singularity Session, The Check Out, The Hanging Garden, K-Corea Inc, Sibling Topics, Malika S'est Envolee were all cool. I forgot that I saw Zombieland and liked it, though it wasn't exactly anything groundbreaking.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|