View Single Post
Old 11.09.2009, 04:42 PM   #8502
looking glass spectacle
100%

looking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asses
meh... definitely entertaining. but it seemed like shitty remake of the watchmen in some ways... maybe just the way the opening credits were done, with the whole back story as a prelude...

i love comic books movies, but i love them more when they come from well written comic books....

"We're getting closer and closer to the point where you could make a Sandman movie just because the world is changing. The thing that has really made it practical for the superhero movies to exist is the simple fact that you can put it on screen now. With trying to make superhero movies over the years, it has always been that you simply couldn't do it. They would say, 'You will believe a man can fly,' but you really wouldn't.

"Now, you pretty much can. And now you have an era of cheap special effects and people who have grown up reading and respecting comics. Fifteen years ago, when I would go in for meetings at studios, the people who had the power to greenlight things and make things happen, they didn't really know who I was. They weren't sure what Sandman was. Their assistants weren't sure what Sandman was. But the guy who would bring you the bottle of water, the interns, the assistants to the assistants, the bottom-rung people -- they knew who I was. These were the guys who would sidle up to me in the corridors and say, 'I love what you do.' The interesting thing is now, 15 years on, those guys are running studios.

"The people making the decisions now, they know who I am, they know who Alan Moore is, these are the people looking forward to a 'Watchmen' movie for 20 years. So a Sandman movie is an inevitability, sooner or later."

-neil gaiman

looking glass spectacle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|