View Single Post
Old 11.06.2009, 01:27 AM   #24
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Random things I love off of You're Living All Over Me:

- The opening drum and wah/phaser riff at the start of Little Furry Things, clearly one of the best openers ever on record.

- Later in LFT, after the bridge bit, where Lee and J start up the vocals again, J turns on all of his pedals, and it's just him singing softly against a backdrop of noise and static. Otherwordly.

- The whammy bar riff at around 30 seconds in The Lung.

- The breakdown in Kracked, which leads to that awesome bridge ("I plead the case, I need the space, don't let it wait").

- Lou's frantic yelling about suicide in Lose. The final verse gives me chills every time. ("Some times thinking right I can't believe I was chosen to exist, because they say that only Jesus Christ himself can slit his wrists, he says, and so I kill this need to always understand, cut the world until it fits on the back of your hand")

- The chorus of Raisans. So emotional and heartfelt, feels like the CD is about to explode when the solo comes in. Brings the song to a whole different level.

- The overdriven bass all over the record. LOVE that sound!

- The non-stop riffing and breaks of Sludgefeast. Just as it keeps getting heavier and heavier, it finally goes to the verse, which takes a complete overhaul as J sings softly over a bright, non-heavy riff. A quiet little lead comes after that, before J unleashes a fucking crazy solo.

- The into to Tarpit, and then when it breaks into that awesome verse about feeling trapped. The chorus always gets me, J sounds so honest when he sings.

- Where J again turns on every possible distortion pedal he has for the last verse of Tarpit

Perfect record. Favorite record of the 80s, easily.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|