View Single Post
Old 10.29.2009, 12:20 PM   #37
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice

Also, to sonic gail: I think fundamentally the point ASP is making is not entirely dissimilar to yours - the notion of a fictional Jesus being opposed to a Historically 'real' Jesus is a false objection; neither are necessary for the edifying effect that Christ has on believers, or the resistance of apostates, athiests and other religious believers. Plus, anyone who's offended by me taking the piss really should re-address precisely how strong their belief system is.

Takes quite a bit to actually offend me.

And as a christian who does read the bible I do not believe that most of it should be taken word for word. It was written as a guide to living a good life not a history lesson. Also, after years of being transfered from generation to generation it is just not possible for everything in there to be more than fiction. IE the garden of Eden. No I do not think that this guy Adam & his bitch Eve lived in some beatifull garden and a snake told them to eat fruit. I Belive that this is a metaphor for man's progress with evolution and how we made the step from animals that eat and fuck anything to concious human beings that have the emotional and mental capabilities we continue to develop.

Jesus spoke in parables so the poor and dumb could understand. Much of the old testiment is just a big parable. It is the only way to reach everyone (they did not have a public education system)

And I don't need proof to belive that defeats the point.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|