View Single Post
Old 10.26.2009, 01:40 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
i've been a fan of him for a while now and i agree with you, i love how his stuff has evolved over the past few years. going to see one of his solo shows in november and i'm really looking forward to it! the stuff he does alone on stage (switching between violin, guitar, singing, whistling) is pretty damn amazing to watch.

yr lucky.. I was listening to other performances from this years tour, they all have those teeth.. I am going to buy some live shit from this year, it is the best I have heard of anything he has done ever.. the fierceness and edge of these performances because of the emphasis on electric guitars adds the perfect dynamic to his energy. For me, Andrew Bird does with the violin what Shannon Wright does with the piano, bring a rather unorthodox instrument to the table of some more hardcore, guitar oriented music.

though when Shannon worked with Yann Tiersen it was perfection adding strings to her piano

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|