View Single Post
Old 10.13.2009, 12:38 PM   #45
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
On facebook you are expeceted to act more like yourself, wich I can imagine can be difficult if you already have issues with the way you deal with people in general.

This is actually a good point.
I'm a shitty conversation starter, and I would prefer not to just say any old thing just to fill the space in a context like that (like with "mood statuses" and all that.) And I dont find it useful in my life to coordinate social events (perhaps if all my friends were doing that, but I'm not going to start it off, because it simply hasnt become the more necessary/convenient thing.) For reasons like those, I just dont bother using facebook. One day I might if I felt the need to. I DO have some creeped out reservations about the whole idea, but it's not the biggest thing. I dont text message much or do a lot of communicating outside of face to face or telephone in the first place. It's just how I am.

It's funny though, what the birth of these types of networking sites has done though. It's very divisive. If someone asks me if I have a facebook and I simply reply no, I always, always get eyerolls, like I'm that jerk that is using not having one to act cooler by being the minority, or that I'm missing that one really important thing that upgrades a human into modern status. Its really a huge part of some peoples lives !
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|