Thread: the gossip
View Single Post
Old 10.11.2009, 06:41 PM   #190
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Not sure I follow you Bradders - you're saying you don't understand how music and politics go hand-in-hand - do you therefore understand politics to be a rarified field distinct from artistic endeavour?

I find it very odd that you, of all people, would consider politics to be something distinct from other areas of understanding. I'm not criticising, just... well, I'm not sure what you're saying.
Well, no, I think that is a misrepresentation of my opinion. I meant in my first reply on the subject to explain that I believe that it is a matter of ethical sentiment that connects music to politics. Political music that lacks an ethics also lack a pathos. As it were, my taste in music is centered around pathos, which might be why I am such a prick against objective criterias of quality. In what might be complete contrast to the slogan that "the personal is political," I believe that the political in relation to the individual is the making of the personal into the impersonal in order to influence other persons. I think the value of music on politics is its ability to articulate sentiment in a way sloganeering simply cannot match. Artistic endeavor that engages in the political (with the ethical sentiment as an assumed premise) is entirely possible but I think it fails both as an artistic endeavor and as a political endeavor.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|