View Single Post
Old 10.08.2009, 07:09 AM   #52
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i thinking that im lucky that they dont that where i go. i have my personal feel on the drawing since the day i started and i see the same in the rest of people in the class. the teacher doesnt make us do smth in certain way and i dont know if there is a right way to begin with.
there is a right drawing and a wrong one: you fucked up in measurements etc.
now if you moved forward, did smth that can be considered art thats as always up for discussion.

edit

when i say personal feel, im not saying i have a personal style in painting. everyone draws in their personal ways, but not altering the image or doing smth arty. its just drawing.

There are people who draw well without formal training because it comes natural to them. It could be that they have particularly developed observational skills which they are able to translate on paper without much effort. In a teaching enviroment, though, you're not in a place where you're meant to be left to your own device. The very point of it is to that someone there will teach you something that will come in handy when you want to find what your style of choice is. Experimentation and all that is fine, and certainly it should be encouraged, but a solid foundation in drawing/painting certainly can help a future artist making their mark with more vigour.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|