View Single Post
Old 09.26.2009, 09:01 AM   #31266
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
In addition to my Beatles LPs, I have this thing which a friend gave to me last year. The LPs are almost mint, never played by the person who gave me the set. Capitol did a cheesy job of reproducing the original cover art for most of the LPs in here, but I like having this around when I want to run through some albums but don't want to play my own collection. Plus it has Yellow Submarine and the Rarities album, two that I don't otherwise own. And another copy of the white album--who wouldn't want that! (With this one, I have 5 white album copies!)

The White Album in this set is really nice because "The Beatles" is embossed on the cover like the original issue, although there's no number. And it comes with the poster and pix, and the Apple label is the correct British version from that year.

It can also be faulted for leaving out Hey Jude and Magical Mystery Tour. The only reason I can think of is that the set is a replication of the British releases. I think MMT was released only as an EP in England, and I think Hey Jude might've been only a USA repackaging.