View Single Post
Old 09.19.2009, 04:04 PM   #89
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the big quasar
page is the talent, sure, but plant has the original voice of that heavy-blues genre. it's iconic, whereas that of axl rose, for example, IS annoying in a third-rate, popular way.

these are matters of opinion. For example I enjoy Lou Reed tunes, but many people can not stand lou reed's voice.. the same with Thurston Moore or Ozzy.. it is just a matter of taste.

I personally do not like Robert Plant's voice and especially his singing style, it sounds to whiny to me, like a chick having an orgasm at times. It is NOT iconic blues, I play in blues bands, I grew up on the blues, it is NOT iconic blues. Hendrix has more an iconic blues voice than plant.. bluesman may wail but they NEVER whine.

my point is that I adore the guitar work of Jimmy Page, but I think it is wasted, and further, I am left wondering why Page never came to his senses.. I feel the same way about Tony Iommi with the Dio era of Sabbath.. Iommi actually had the nerve to say that he felt Dio was the greatest vocalist of all time.. I was like, 'dude, tony are you fucking serious?" Tony Iommi is a beast at the guitar, his style has influenced ALL of us, but his taste in vocalists is shitty, as is the taste of Jimmy Page. Great guitars, perfect instrumentation, even good lyrics, but absolute SHIT for vocals. There I said it.. now I feel a lot better.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|