View Single Post
Old 08.22.2009, 12:18 PM   #56
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
to the bold: thats why its called "volunteer work"

also, a lot of the richest people of the world are also the biggest philanthropists. i could argue that bill gates does more to help 'the world' than 99.9% of the poor starving artist liberals do, just because they recycle and choose bikes over cars etc... they think that gives them the right to yell/scoff at rich people.

of course the world would be better if people weren't greedy. but taking away incentives for people who work hard to make money, well i just don't think that would help

A lot of philanthropists donate for the tax benefits. Some do so because they have hearts. It is dangerous to generalize too much.

A part of what worries me is that we think of rich people as being better people, people who are more worthy and whatnot.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|