View Single Post
Old 08.22.2009, 11:53 AM   #47
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
You weren't drafted for that.

Jesus fuck.

Haha at demonrail. I'm a greedy mutherfuck. I prefer to buy pricey boots than health insurance for my neighbor. I work a lot of hours and I should get to decide where my money goes.

No I was not. In many ways, this is exactly where I want/need to be right now. However, I think it says something that volunteerism is so de-valued that people who are willing to give up a year of their lives to work for the betterment of the world around them are literally paid shit.

Also, living in these surroundings, I see that capitalism views poor people as being the problems, not the conditions by which they became impoverished. Most urban renewal and whatnot has to goal to displace those people and put in their place new, richer, whiter, safer ones.

The problem isn't pure capitalism or anything...as I've kind of been mentioning throughout this thread it is, in my opinion, that we continue to value profit over everything else. Call me a dreamer, but I really like to try to envision a world where that which is living is a first priority.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|