View Single Post
Old 08.22.2009, 10:59 AM   #13
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
I think everyone deserves health care. ( for the record, No ER can turn anyone away.) What I'm saying is that these politicians are doing it wrong. If notyourfiend grew up like that, he prob has a better idea how to fix it than the politicians do.

I was fortunate to grow up with health care, especially since I have a number of pretty severe health problems.

But a number of the people around me are not so lucky. In the city I live today (Baltimore) 90% of the work that is available is in the service sector, and few are offered health care plans. I just graduated college, and most of my friends who are my age and educated simply can't get jobs with adequate insurance. Either the premiums are too high and, if they were to pay for health care they couldn't afford food or rent, or it's health insurance is offered as a possibility. Most of my friends who were able to get jobs are doing temp work where health care and benefits are rarely considered.

In order to maintain health care I'm doing AmeriCorps VISTA (essentially the domestic peace corps) In exchange for having emergency room coverage and being able to see a couple of doctors around the city, I am being given a small stipend and living under the poverty line.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|