View Single Post
Old 08.12.2009, 11:54 PM   #44
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
I disagree. I think lyrics are just as important as the music. If not, why don't you just listen to instrumentals? (actually you explained why, but that's how I feel). But I really like the Stooges lyrics, they're top notch. I also think that lyrics that are really blatant and preachy are annoying. That's what turns me off to most punk music. Totally artless and transparent and boring (plus the boring guitar). Sonic Youth lyrics, though... I get turned off of them a lot and sometimes I laugh out loud just like I do when I listen to Black Sabbath. Really forced or obvious rhymes are annoying as hell.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|