View Single Post
Old 08.11.2009, 08:30 PM   #20426
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
I need to post my troubles. I have been trying to make a break from my life temporarily for the past while. I've never taken a vacation and figured that I'd have to either just do it, or have a nervous breakdown, truly, as I've experienced in the past. Finally, I decided on a venture to Cuba.

Being in a serious relationship, I included my other half in my plans. Thing is, is that although he agreed to it, I've had to drag him through the planning process. I told him it would be fine if I went alone; hell, it'd probably be good for both of us, but no, he insisted he wanted to come. Finally, after a couple of false starts with booking, we made it to the fucking travel agent and at the very last minute he suggests we extend the trip to double the time. What? How long the trip is to be is a very fundamental little decision, something we should have established right off the bat. We ended up waffling at the moment we finally sat with the travel agent, and went home decisionless, again.

Maybe this is just a thing women do, where they make a single problem relate to all these ridiculous other problems that have nothing to do with the actual situation. But here I am wondering, if we are so fucking out of sync with this fucking trip, then why are we even together? Is this mis-communication the defining obstacle in our futile attempt to hold it together?

Fuck, sometimes I think that at the bottom of my heart I truly do just want to do more shit by myself, as I never have, but then some part of my brain tells me I'm just craving the other side of the fence and I'd want it the other way if I was single.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|