View Single Post
Old 08.01.2009, 04:33 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
well, as long as you realize that YOU ARE NOT YR HAIR...then i think youll be ok.

this is true, there is no hair doctrine.. its just that I have been a dread for so long, it is my culture. It is truly hard to explain, but I feel deep within my soul a harsh confusion, though an absolute contentment that I did the proper thing theologically speaking. Basically, it was necessary to make this transition, but it is pure and simple culture shock to now find myself getting haircuts, being treated like a normal dude rather than an eccentric, and consuming alcohol casually with friends (which I did not do even ONCE as a dread for near 8 years)..

and on an unrelated but relevant note, I graduated from university so I have been working on a career change from blue collar pay the bills to this teaching shit.. but it has been a spiritual and psychological disaster, but essentially, their schools can't teach us shit, and I am diametrically opposed to practically every element and aspect of the current CA public school system, which truly works in tandem with the Law Enforcement and Corrections System to enforce the police state environment from the cradle to the grave via the schools... this time a year ago I was not trying to work in these schools, I was 100% dread and anti-authority to boot.. but now here i am sending out dozens of resume packets to teachers and schools across this damned megalopolis, and it is not making any sense... I am in mad conflict and culture shock mode, but thats life I guess. If it were all predictable, easy or going entirely your way it would become boring to the point of suicide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Robot
u cut ur dreads? is that a right of passage or smthn? i thought dreads symbolized smthn in the rasta lifestyle...school me.

In Rastafari we grow our hair untrimmed and spiritually dedicated to God, living a kind of priesthood with a strict code of conduct. This is not universal Rastafari, just as not every Christian is a priest, but some Rastafari are dread, some are clean shave. Essentially, I-man dread and dread lifestyle were to the point of practically being a metropolitan Bishop within the Rastafari community, as a dread I followed the strictest of Rastafari disciplines.. so essentially getting a haircut and shifting away from the strictest discplines which the dreadlocks entail, is like a Bishop leaving office to become a laymen parishioner...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|