View Single Post
Old 07.27.2009, 05:01 PM   #207
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbannach
7. Morrissey. I sorta like the smiths but i just hate the sound/idea of "Morrissey" for some reason.
I could keep this list going on forever if i thought long enough

"Vauxhall and I" is mostly a really good Morrissey album, and he has some good singles (most notably, "Suedehead") but yeah, as a whole, Morrissey solo is worthless garbage. The music is almost always terrible, and hearing Morrissey try to sound relevant and interesting over top of some shitty guitar playing is.. embarassing. And I'm not even a Smiths fan, really, besides "Louder than Bombs", but at least they had one of the best guitar players.. well.. ever.. who was also a competent, wonderful arranger in his own right, who would structure songs perfectly and work with Morrissey to make the songs sound right. A lot of the Morrissey solo shit puts him in with music that just doesn't fit in. You've got your "Rockabilly" Morrissey record here, your "hard rock" Morrissey record here, then your "Smiths-lite with orchestral flourishes" here... I've heard enough of them now (thanks to too many acquaintances who are huge Mozheads, not to mention I listened to quite a few myself back in the day before I realized THEY SUCK) to know that he's lousy.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|