View Single Post
Old 07.22.2009, 06:13 PM   #32
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
As a personal opion I agree.... but then I already shiver at the thought of plastic surgery unless it's because of burns/disfigurement/etc.

But for other people, whatever floats your boat I suppose. As long as they are of informed consent then they should be free to do whatever stupid things they like. Just don't expect me to feel sorry when your flesh starts rotting or you can't find a job or something.
well yes and no.

for example, some British composer recently killed himself alongside his wife with assisted suicide in Switzerland two weeks ago.. BBC made a memorial montage but they completely overlooked the tragedy that this man and his wife chose to kill themselves..

had they just shot themselves like when people normally kill themselves, it would have been a horrible tragedy, but because it was "assisted or legal" suicide, the news made out like he just died of natural causes, as if the man and his wife somehow DID NOT JUST KILL THEMSELVES..

now check it out, if when my grandmother was dying 15 years ago of terminal stage D cancer with less then 3 months diagnoses to live (she pulled through by the way ) if my grandpops had expressed sentiments of suicide, we would have been alarmed and did EVERYTHING capable to stop him. After all, this is what we do in life, people die, and if we all killed ourselves everytime we were in grief over someone dying, then WE WOULD ALL BE DEAD, because people always die. You can't just KILL YOURSELF because somebody you love is dying or died, because people die, but we don't condone killing ourselves.. suicide is bad.

well body modification for me is similar. If someone you know is planning or discussing some extreme body modification because they do not like something about themselves, you don't say, shit you are pretty fucking ugly I say go for it! just like you don't tell grandpa fuck yeah blow your brains out old man! thats my two cents.. we should not condone the extreme forms of self-hate and distorted self-body image, instead we should do what we would normally do, and tell the people thats life, and get over it. Bald dudes want hair, ugly people wanna look good, sad people wanna die, but inevitably thats just life and you can't go on following all of your impulses..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|