View Single Post
Old 06.28.2009, 10:49 PM   #18
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
I agree with you for the most part (previous two posters), though I don't know if what you are talking about is what Kim was talking about.

I respect your decision to date a stripper. I dated one once, and I didn't like it. Not because I was jealous, but because it seemed like an idiotic profession. I'm someone that feels profession or at least hobbies should dictate a significant part of one's identity. After I got over the initial thrill that I was dating a stripper, I realized that there was little substance as to why she was making her life choices outside of a desire for money.

Important point of clarification. I am not "dating a stripper". My wife and life partner of eight years so far recently made the decision to return to a job she hadn't done in ten years because of the economy right now and the need for a schedule that allows her to spend more time with our son. I don't have a problem with what she does, because I know who she is a lot deeper than that and so does she. I don't at all dig people denigrating her or anyone like her for making her own decisions about what to do with her life, including to make money. I don't know anyone who hasn't at some time done something to make money less valid than being in the Peace Corps. As a matter of a fact, the Peace Corps, doesn't pay money at all. My wife is also a grad student in public health administration, so if she has a little fun at a somewhat silly job expressing her sexuality on her terms, I still think she's way ahead of lots of people out there.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|