View Single Post
Old 06.28.2009, 05:28 PM   #13
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air

I also have a hard time with the whole idea that objectification is always such an evil thing. I've never had a lover who didn't in some way objectify me and want to have me do the same. People like to be told they are hot, and brains can be very much a part of what makes it that.

Objectification of a woman that makes her less than a man, of course that's bad. And yes there has been and continues to be plenty of that in our society. However, there is nothing wrong with an intelligent person of either gender wanting to be sexually hot, and if it isn't empowering for them, then I don't see how being told how to act by puritanical dogma would be.

This is about as close to my sentiment as another person could articulate.

Well done Dead-Air. I agree completely with this. Objectification (at least between sexually intimate partners) definitely has its place in a relationship. I too have a hard time remembering any of my past lovers not wanting, at some point to be objectified, and the same goes with myself. I may have not been cogniscent of my desire, but when a woman objectifies you within the proper context, it is completely natural to feel good about it.
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|