View Single Post
Old 06.28.2009, 05:02 PM   #12
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski

And "Panty Lies" would be hard to analyze at all. I can't think of a song that merits less analysis than that one--it's a silly little song that I'm sure the band is not particularly proud of.

I actually really fucking love that song. I think it's a really cute mockery of feminine expectations, breaking the rules, how easy it is to be a "bad girl" etc.

About Kathleen Hanna - in my opinion she was more trying to say that work is objectifying in itself and sex work is trade like all others. It's dangerous to exclude sex-workers from feminist circles and discourse becaues sex workers are people too who also deserve to have a voice. Also, sex work is not going away and for some people is a better opinion than others.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what Kim is saying. That's just a meaning which I've personally derived. :-)

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|