View Single Post
Old 06.16.2006, 02:28 PM   #13
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
If you read it on a message board, it must be true!

Can't was pretty great when she played here with Emil Beaulieau and Brian Miller & Kevin Shields at a house show in Davis. Her little cracklebox thingy was acting up a little, but we were patient and waited quietly, and she was extra nice to us as a result.

A couple weeks ago, she was in San Francisco at a show as part of the Mission Creek festival. There were about 200 people there during the performance of Nate Denver's Neck, but most of them left during the punishingly long (an hour?) performance by the noise artist Skullcaster. He was reportedly not very good. So about 30 people remained in this large room for Can't, and she reportedly played three songs and then ended with a long rant on why she hated the Cro-Mags....some people were pissed, but others thought it was awesome in its own way.

I say reportedly because I left after Nate Denver, too...I was on my way to the Icky Girlfriends/Gang Wizard late show.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|