View Single Post
Old 06.13.2009, 06:51 PM   #21
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
You don't believe that the Disney Wave is a legitimate excuse to complain?

I don't care, myself, but I can imagine people growing up with Subpop and the like to be offended by such a flagrantly commercial trend. It makes sense to me that the paragon of chaste virtue that is the Disney empire would grab the attention and offend those who grew up with Nirvana.

i was 9 when nevermind was released and the world (the adult world at large, mind you) was way more concerned with the new kids on the block, vanilla ice and michael jackson's dangerous. it wasn't like soundgarden had their saturday morning cartoons or if they were selling eddie vedder action figures.

the point is that dumb kiddie music has been around for a while, and it's not something of concern if you're older than 13 and, nowadays, with access to a computer.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|