View Single Post
Old 06.09.2009, 06:08 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's rare that a studio album is able to capture the aggression of a live performance.

for a good example of this see

and also

for my part, I didn't really like this album until the third time through, but now I think it is really good, aside from a few EJSTNS and Goo vibes of under-preparation and lack of concerted effort on some of the tunes, it is definitely solid. It is a bit behind Rather Ripped, and I wish they would have continued on the NYC -> Murray Street -> Sonic Nurse vibe of mixing psychedelic no-wave thrash with melodic, structured, harmonic music, but I see they went more for the new RocknRoll sonic youth. I dig it. Though, I think these are not Kim's greatest vocals, her voice is only for certain tunes, and these ones I feel are not it.

I will say this album feels very very hurried, like there was not enough time taken in production and recording.. I guess thats what happens when you change labels after nearly two decades..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|