View Single Post
Old 06.08.2009, 11:15 AM   #45
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
Actually the Marc Masters review is pretty spot on.

The Eternal accomplishes nothing. It's just...another Sonic Youth album, and in my opinion not a particularly strong one. However well it ends up being regarded, it isn't going to be remembered as any kind of touchstone. It's a collection of songs that could easily fit on various other Sonic Youth albums, that don't really say anything when put together. It might as well be a B-side collection. Nothing to see here, move along.

i agree but the way you put it is pretty harsh. i DO enjoy the album because it IS enjoyable. to not enjoy an album because it's not a touchstone or a big step forward is pretty dumb to me. not all artist accelerate at the same speed, and it IS sonic youth. they've been at it for a long time.

they definitely sound more tame, though
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|