View Single Post
Old 06.15.2006, 03:33 PM   #50
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

A lot of it was playing with amps I believe. Playing with multiple amps, damaging them, etc. They used hollow bodies as well as old surf guitars because they didn't like to have a lot of sustain. Hollowbodies and old surf guitars like tiescos have really shitty single coils. With humbuckers, you can practically face an amp and if you are playing rhythm, not much feedback will come out except when you stop playing. With hollow-bodies and crappy surf guitars I've found that you can create interesting melodies over the rhythm. I would assume they did similar sort of stuff.

check this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVa7piBqPW8&search=the%20jesus%20and%20mar y%20chain

it looks like there all using hollowbodies.

When Im trying to play a JMC song I use my one guitar, a 60's St. George shitty Japanese guitar with two bad single coils, I then put on the overdrive, contour it a bit and add a lot of reverb. It sounds pretty good....
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|