View Single Post
Old 05.26.2009, 05:09 PM   #6
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
This is true. But isn't this what the latest vote was about?! The 6:1 decision was regarding CA law/Prop 8, right? I thought the Supreme Court had 'jurisdiction' over all matters. I wish I was more educated on the way our judicial system works. You'd think I would be considering the times I've been in trouble and all the money I have had to pay to the State.
They do, but typically have a hands off policy until they need to get involved, which is why it has to appeal through all sorts of lower courts. Since marriage is now a state by state issue (thanks to the revision in the Full Faith and Credit clause in DOMA), the supreme court, if they take up the case, might leave it as is saying that the state's court's decision is legit in that it is the state's decision. But if they find that their decision to allow the vote stand as unconstitutional, which really it is, we don't and shouldn't vote on minority rights, then maybe there is a chance.