View Single Post
Old 05.26.2009, 02:07 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Sad, but I'd assume this is gonna go to the US Supreme court.

The gay marriage ban in California is clearly unconstitutional.

I heard the most accurate analysis on the news today, after hearing something about the will of the people (to enforce discrimination) he said, "well if the people put it to a vote, I bet a lot would also vote to bring back slavery."

that was a potent statement there, you can't vote for or against discrimination, you have to simply stop it in the first place. It is not an issue of democracy, it is one of liberty. This is especially true considering voting is more a myth than Aesop's Fables.. in American history, the will of the people has often been wrong and requiring correction.. majority rules is not necessarily the right thing when the majority is going in the wrong direction.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|