View Single Post
Old 05.14.2009, 08:56 PM   #147
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
alot of music i think falls into that category really,definitely blues and early jazz would. as of late i've been impressed by some older forro stuff from N.E. brazil but i've mostly been more into african/ S.E. european and carribean styles in the past.

i think i would mostly say that i prefer musical advancement to come from a unique person's expression, as opposed to the idea of conciously striving to do something new and progressive. that way of going about music seems egotistical to me and i find it unstimulating in general although i'm not above wanking myself

how does the older carribean stuff relate to the current tropical noise/drone stuff? is there any connection? i'd be interested in hearing that. i'm gonna go look up forro aswell.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|