View Single Post
Old 05.11.2009, 11:12 PM   #61
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
DC was alright, but I really don't get into the praise that most of the retro kids do. I had fun with it for a while. But it was never this great console to me.

Not to turn this into a Dreamcast thread but there are many reasons retro kids praise it:

1. It had better graphics than the ps2
2. It twice as many controller ports than the ps2
3. It was the ONLY home gaming console aside from the Neo Geo that was truly like having an arcade hooked up to your tv. ( Most of the games were direct arcade ports and graphically it perfectly emulated the smooth 3D fluidity of the actual arcade machines from which they were ported. This was a big deal after sega's previous letdowns like the 32X which had " Equal to & Better than the arcades " stamped on it's box )
4. It was the first home game machine with online access, and it's built in modem can be replaced with a network card and hooked up to to the internet, or to a LAN or WAN
5. The games were, and are, in a word, " THE BEST " ( ok two words )

The Resident Evil Code Veronica Games
Phantasy Star online
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Ecco the Dolphin
Skies of Arcadia
Blue Stinger
Dynamite Cop!
Gauntlet Legends
Soul Calibur
Spawn
Cannon Spike

And perhaps the greatest multiplayer free for all game ever