View Single Post
Old 06.14.2006, 07:30 PM   #77
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Anyone who doesn't agree is a complete moron.

thoughts on School of the Flower? i sorta like that one abit more right now,
though i've only listened to The Sun Awakens twice... anybody else get this yet?

weird that from what i read about this release expecting that John Moloney (Sunburned Hand of The Man, Howlin' Rain) and Chris Corsano were gonna provide percussion madness on this album, however they aren't even on this... not saying that NVH (Comets on Fire) is a shabby drummer at all though.

btw, Hayden no hard feelings about your posts... you're alright w/ me... just talkin' tough.

also it took me about a good 6-8 listens of Rather Ripped before i got into it (though i still only think its slightly above average for an SY album) and sorta understood it and lost the idea of what i expected them to do (which was something almost completely different from the last few albums and more in the vein of the Helen Lundeburg/Eyeliner 7")

i still have alot of trouble with a few songs, i actually don't like the feel or sound of Rats on this album (otherwise its nice) because to me it doesn't fit with the rest of the songs, alot probably has to do w/ Thurston's bass playing style in that song. and then there is Turquoise Boy which is almost too grandiouse and exhausting yet too straight ahead and boring until the noise section, which to me almost doesn't make sense with the rest of the song.

weird how this album is getting huge positive reviews and praises from the critics, mayeb its not so weird after listening to this album its about as straight ahead of a "rock/pop" album they've done...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|