View Single Post
Old 05.02.2009, 02:35 PM   #165
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_could
i respect them, for what they did and for pleasure they gave me all these years. but it doesn't mean that i have to love their new record just because they're 50 y.o. they weren't so much younger when sonic nurse was released btw.

Robert Wyatt is 64 now and still he makes very good records.

and your point is? sy released experimental in 1993, it wasnt great... they released rather ripped in 2006 and it wasnt great.... the eternal was released in 2009 and it is great...

mark e smith released bend sinister in 1984 and it wasnt great
he released imperial wax solvent in 2008 and it was great......

you dont have to love a band because of their age, you have to love the music because of what it is... the eternal IS a fucking excellent record and i am growing more in love with it on every listen...i fear it may even creep into my top 5 sy albums of all time..im loving it... sonic nurse is a pretty good album BTW (whatever you meant by that).

i find this thread kinda stupid really... i mean everyone berates the new sonic album because it hasnt been as rocking as say goo or whatever... ive been here for murray st, nurse, rr and now the eternal and the same complaints happen all the time and the few that love the album and are willing to give up their indie street cred snobbery get pointed and laughed at... its stupid..

ok you dont like the album, all i can say is you are not listening hard enough..ive been an avid sy supporter since i was 14/15, thats 20 fucking years and i have rarely felt the joy on hearing an album by sy as i have this one...its a classic sy album, sorry it will be.. now thats my opinion and my opinion is as valid as the next mans but personally i think it pisses on rather ripped, sonic nurse, ejstans, ...maybe even murray st and a thousand leaves(that one was just too short) and thats after sleeping with the album for the last 5 days..i cant enough of it at the moment....shit even all kims songs rule on it..... and that shouldnt be because they were younger when the other albums came out....btw

im not here to row with you, i just dont get your point...age is relative and a 50 year old aint gonna make an album as criminally brilliant as daydream or evol...because why....its out of context with life...its all relevent......