View Single Post
Old 04.30.2009, 06:51 PM   #40
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Well, due to a series of technical difficulties, this took me an absurdly long time to get off the CD in a lossless form and upload it, but her e we are:

Kaoru Abe - Winter 1972 (PSF 158)

Early solo album. Now, I know a whole album of very out solo free-jazz alto-sax might sound pretty tough, but this is actually a stunningly beautiful work, and you need to listen to it. Now. There are these sections where he's audibly playing off the echoes of the room that get me every time. Being PSF, it's just a direct rip of the original vinyl issue, as with some of the Fushitsusha releases ETC, but that lends it an interesting quality.

Tracks all untitled.

I will try and get on the Parker at some point this week, but I need to listen through and check whether I was imagining my disc being screwed up first.

FLAC, hence the monster file sizes. In retrospect it would probably have been wiser to torrent it. Ah well.

Enjoy!
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|