Originally Posted by Theremin
I love how a thousand leaves is by consencus the definite SY album in this place, such a hipster's choice.
All those positive reactions are getting me hyped up though, lets hope you people aren't all matador employees executing some grand promotion scheme.
It's not really the consensus per se. It's that...SY, for me, breaks down like this:
1. Early/Harsh/Dark=SY EP-EVOL
2. Epic Era=Sister/DDN/Goo
3. Being hounded by Grunge=Dirty/EJSTNS
4. 90s back to form=Washing Machine/1000 Leaves
5. Early 00's finding a new way=NYC/Murray Street
6. Mid 00's losing the way=Sonic Nurse/RR
The Eternal would, on first listen, create a #7. I not going to try to say The Eternal touches #s 1 & 2. But I could say it's the best they've done since Dirty barring Murray Street, "The Diamond Sea" and a few songs from EJSTNS.