View Single Post
Old 04.25.2009, 03:32 PM   #38
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I'm agreeing with this.

Nation Of Millions is back to back powerful, noisy brilliance. It's like getting punched in the face for half an hour. My main point being that there is no rest, it just never quits until it's over.

Fear Of A Black Planet has too much filler if you ask me. Well maybe not filler, but just stuff that breaks up the flow of the album. Pollywanacracka, Incident at 66.6 FM, Anti-Nigger Machine, Reggie Jax, et al. Though Burn Hollywood Burn and 911 Is A Joke are two of my favourite Enemy tracks, I still don't think this album is a satisfying follow-up to Nation Of Millions.

I too prefer Fear of A Black Planet. Not to take anything away from Nation Of Millions, which is a great record regardless, but the use of sampling and their quality on Fear is amazing. I once played the album on a winamp player while I'd click on various parts of each song randomly, and it all still gelled perfectly. Anway, they are both great records. Maybe my opinion on them is influenced by the fact that I've bought Fear first, and didn't get to hear Nation until a couple of years later.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|