View Single Post
Old 04.15.2009, 01:33 PM   #20
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
for the record: I resent being forced to "break character". if I can't play stupid, I do not wish to play at all.

the gravitational pull of my posts (secondary to their increasing mass) is about to cause yr everything to collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I should have been clearer. I meant to ask if mathematically/scientifically, the steady increase in distance between gravitational sources would account for the lack of a general decrease , and in fact, apparent increase, in the rate of the Universe's expansion.

I think what you are trying to say is that "due to gravitation effect being weaker (at distance), expansion itself is making it easier to expand".

I believe that you may be mistaking Newton's gravitational constant with local gravitational fields. gravity is such a weak force at distance, that despite it's ability to traverse great distance, the actual force applied (or in yr case, lack thereof) is too negligable to account for the excessive acceleration.

it's a fairly simple equation to compute gravitational pull between two astral bodies (F=G[m1m2/r^2]), so I'm going to go on the assumption that the Big Heads have worked this out on their slide-rules.

you need to look toward the cosmological constant (and it's basis in negative-pressure energy) for yr answer (or again, maybe, jesus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
New mass hopefully brought into existence via the Higgs boson.

^^^ this.

my money is on micro-singularities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
some get a kick from champagne
mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all........

who the hell smokes beer? hurry, there's only one left.

ps: "does this make sense?"

psps: where the fuck is Atari when you need him. UFOs can fuck off.

pspsps: in the year that it took to write this, another person was surely born.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|