View Single Post
Old 04.06.2009, 05:42 AM   #794
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
^^That's cool that you got to chat to Steven O'Malley, I must say. TINH - Yes, do go check them out - it is worth it, regardless of what I thought of them.

Okay- so I saw them last night, and wow, seriously one of the best gigs I have ever been too (Sadly no Thurston, though). This was how Teenage Jesus were supposed to be heard - fucking loud and so powerful, their pretty poor quality recorded material cannot match up to this experience.
So she played as Teenage Jesus, and couldn't have looked less happy to be there. She said at one point - "Welcome to the retro virus. You're all contagious" and then on finishing she shouted "that was THEN" and launched into the live premier of her new band Big Sexy Noise, which the crowd clearly thought was awesome. Great, great gig - in a grotty hell-hole of a venue, though it's not 1978 anymore, this was, I felt, the truest representation of what Teenage Jesus were about, albeit 30 years after their time.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|