View Single Post
Old 03.20.2009, 01:19 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
but WHAT DOES IT MATTER?

i told you, I only posted this in context with the Charles Darwin was Not Racist thread...

and it matters quite a bit actually, because people today infer because Darwinian theories have been used by bright souls like us to smash racism, that somehow Darwin also tried to smash racism and he didn't.

I-man only big up the righteous acts of the past for hero worship.. and Darwin does not rank high on my list of heroes, especially when there were plenty of examples of good folks who worked very hard against racism to admire, specifically because of the context of the extreme racism they were fighting against. After all, this is why we celebrate King day right? To admire the heroes of the past who fought the good fight which gave birth to our today? Its easy for us not to be racists today, but in that time it was quite a struggle, and we should big up those people who fought hard and lived their lives to the struggle..

and to !@#$%!, I am well aware of the racism which was also embedded in the abolition movement, however, as I said before this thread is not a research project, you will have to pick and chose your own examples from those lists, that was just posted to make the point that there were people who were NOT racist.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|