View Single Post
Old 03.11.2009, 05:02 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix

the royalties paid out to those who work in the music industry far exceed those paid to any other creative or performance artist... the avenues for receiving those royalties are set up in a far superior way to any other type of performing or visual art I can think of? Except maybe movie actors. The amount of highly paid, or even appropriately paid movie actors though I would think is much less than those who in the music biz.. Just a guess though.

Eek. At one extreme, the money is there, and there's a shitload of it. But how to get there? Run through endless fields of endless shit.

My own experience of playing live is that there's a series of entirely ridiculous economies at play. Playing functions and DJing have never failed to be lucrative for me. Playing something more creative (for which read: playing in front of ugly, poor, white people) has never been profitable. I've only ever drank more than I got paid for 'my own' gigs, although the difference is solely in the function of the music.

Right at the bottom of the creative music industry, there's loads of shit (whether inept or outright cunts) promoters, shit labels and shit bands (amoungst other shit aspects of music). At the top, there's a well-greased machine of shit. In between is mostly shit. And yet, here I am, listening to records and shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|