View Single Post
Old 06.12.2006, 04:12 PM   #1
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Okay im trying to figure out how I could take a little keyboard that doesnt have a line out, and patch a standard guitar cable (1/4") to it so I could play it through an amplifier.

I got this direction from a site:

Line" outputs, the electronic audio signals usually fed to a mixer or amplifier, can be derived from the wires going to the speaker of the unit you're working on. Simply solder two more wires to the speaker terminals and solder the other ends of these wires to an output socket of some type (1/4" "guitar" jack outlet, "RCA" phono jack, etc.) mounted on the instrument's case. A standard cable can then be used to make the connection between the new instrument and the other equipment.

So basically I solder two wires from the speaker to the guitar cable? Why cant I just run a guitar cable from the keyboard without going through the speaker? Im also worried about how to solder the guitar cable since I have never worked with the insides of a guitar cable. Please any direction would be much appreciated...

m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|