View Single Post
Old 02.28.2009, 07:22 PM   #23305
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
The Furtwangler comment was because he was a raving anti-semite, hence 'excommunicated', you see?

I try not to touch Haydn with a barge-pole if I can help it. I think that's one of many reasons I couldn't be a proper music student. I'd enjoy, say, the Eroica, but I'll never be too faffed by Mendohlsson [sp?] or somesuch.

On the solo guitar front, have you heard Britten's isolo guitar in memory of John Dowland? I've been trying to play it lately, it's one of those deceptively impossible things.
ah i get it now. i think we are passed the whole wagner was an anti semite stage (actually jews arent, but i am)
i started to really appretiate haydn since i studied him this semester. some of his stuff is meh. but some is great. id defiantly check out the 1st movement of his 98th symphony.
and ive really fallen in love with mozart. especially his operas.
and the eroica wa the last thing that we leanred last semester. such an amazing symphony.
i dont know brittens guitar work. but ill check it out. i do like dowland so im sure itll be interesting.
is ritten he one that wrote a young person's guide to the orchestra? thats a great peice

listening to robbie basho-venus in cancer

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|