View Single Post
Old 02.28.2009, 06:39 PM   #23303
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
not sure i understood the 1st part of your post. but i actually have yet to see the oper. i have only heard some of iot. when im done writing a few reports (one of them is on don giovanni/lucia di lamermoor and eugene onegin) then i might have time to watch the whole thing.
im was listening to toru takemitsu-solo guitar works
now im listening to haydn-symphony 31-hornsignal
i have to analyse the whole sympony and hand in a report on it in one week...

The Furtwangler comment was because he was a raving anti-semite, hence 'excommunicated', you see?

I try not to touch Haydn with a barge-pole if I can help it. I think that's one of many reasons I couldn't be a proper music student. I'd enjoy, say, the Eroica, but I'll never be too faffed by Mendohlsson [sp?] or somesuch.

On the solo guitar front, have you heard Britten's isolo guitar in memory of John Dowland? I've been trying to play it lately, it's one of those deceptively impossible things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|