View Single Post
Old 01.23.2009, 04:13 PM   #395
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
You're not sure....first. Second, that sort of amount of money for a gig ticket is not generally affordable for students or young people in general, the sort of crowd I'd expect to attend their gigs in droves, regardless of my opinion of their music. It seems really unfair to me to be that cynical to your fans, when Animal Collective are living off the hype because you're suddenly put on that pedestal.

and students and young people are the ones that should be supporting underground music the most. i feel by paying that much money for a band, no matter who they were, and because of how much they paid for the ticket, they wouldn't be able to afford to go to other shows where their support is actually needed. i know i wouldn't be able to afford it.

i think if the band went up to whatever scumbag is running the venue and put their foot down about the ticket price than the price will be changed. i feel animal collective are big enough to have that much power.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|