View Single Post
Old 01.23.2009, 09:14 AM   #392
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
how is not paying thirty dollar for a so called "indie band" being stuck in the past? is it hip and cool for young people nowadays to pay over the top prices to see some band? i understand they are getting bigger, but if they sold their tickets for even fifteen dollars they still could make a living off of it.

i bet they are bigger than fugazi ever was and fugazi sold their tickets for no more than six bucks and they made a pretty nice living off of it.

like i said, unless a time machine is involved or it's a fest, i will never pay that much for a band.
I don't think the band gets to set the price, and because of the prevalence of internet downloads, I think the price had to go up to compensate, for the band and the record company, and I'm sure venues have their economic reasons for charging more as well (even if part of it is squeezing more money out of us).