View Single Post
Old 01.18.2009, 12:42 PM   #32
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
In honor of Rob's excellent thread here are a few more questions that hopefully lead to more songs!

1. What Sonic Youth song makes you feel the most aggressive?

Brother James

2. What's your favorite Sonic Youth cover of another artist's song?

Superstar. Thurston's vocal delivery is brilliant.

3. What, if any, Sonic Youth cover do you wish they hadn't messed with?

Now I Wanna be your Dog. Maybe when SY recorded it in '83, The Stooges had faded into obscurity. But now, The Stooges have become quite visible again, and that's one of their best-known songs, so to hear an SY cover of it seems pointless to me.

4. What's you favorite cover of a Sonic Youth song by somebody else?

Have heard few that stand out. Some band made Eric's Trip sound like girly-pop, so that was clever.

5. What's your favorite Sonic Youth instrumental?

Anagrama

6. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think shines above the rest of the album it's on?

NYC G&F or Pink Steam. Neither album is bad, but they are below the SY standard, in my opinion.

7. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think doesn't belong on the album it's on (no bonus tracks, real albums!)?

Mariah Carey...
Death to our Friends always sounded like an intermission to me.

8. What's your favorite Sonic Youth song with a guest star?

In the Kingdom #19. Great bass line by Mike Watt.